The scientific name for lavender is Lavandula angustifolia. The plant, a member of the mint family can be found on almost every continent. The flowers are usually a shade of purple and a wonderful aroma. It is often placed between clothes to prevent moths. In World War 1 it was used in the form of an oil to disinfect walls and floors of the hospital.
As well as being pleasing to the eyes and having a lovely scent, it’s also used for baking and drinking. The dried lavender flowers are used to make teas. The syrup is used to make scones and marshmallows. The benefits are abundant in this sweet smelling mint. It is agreed by many that it gives a feeling of calm, and helps to aid sleep and balance emotions.
Top 5 reasons why lavender tea is good for you
- Boosts your immune system. It can fight off inflammation because it contains antioxidant compounds.
- Lavender tea is naturally caffeine free. It can be enjoyed any time of the day.
- Reduces pain and soreness
- Improves your digestive system
- Helps relieve nausea from motion sickness