Do you know that rooibos teas make a good iced tea?
Today, we’re using Apple Pie by Tea Crowd as the base for our iced tea.
Here’s our recipe!
250ml hot water, preferably at 100 degrees
1 teaspoon of Apple Pie by Tea Crowd tea
A few slices of fresh or frozen strawberries
Optional: ½ teaspoon of stevia leaf and fresh mint leaves
- Boil water in a kettle.
- In a large mug, with a tea infuser, place the Apple Pie tea and stevia leaf (optional) in the tea infuser.
- Pour hot water into the mug. Be careful of the steam.
- Leave the tea to steep for at least 5 minutes. You can leave it for longer if you prefer a richer taste.
- Remove the tea infuser and let the tea cool down at room temperature. We recommend at least 30-60 minutes.
- Stir the strawberries and ice into the mug. If you have a bottle shaker, or water bottle, you can pour the tea, ice and strawberries into the bottle and shake the ingredients.
- Serve with fresh mint leaves (optional).
If you are using a 1 litre jug, use at least 2 tablespoons of tea.